Partner with Compassion Washington
A Healthcare Event is most successful when multiple churches commit to the mission and leadership of the event. We call these churches “Anchor Churches.” Anchor Churches are defined by their ownership of the Healthcare Event through team leaders, volunteers, prayer, follow-up, and financial giving.
Anchor Church Responsibilities
Anchor Churches provide one (or more) “Team Leader(s)” to serve on the Healthcare Planning Committee. These Team Leaders serve as liasions for your church’s involvement and help communicate between the planning committee and your church.
Anchor Churches communicate the opportunity for volunteers from their church to serve at the event. Churches encourage volunteers to build ongoing relationships with those they serve (and those they serve alongside). A CW Healthcare Event requires volunteers with many giftings, not just healthcare professionals.
Anchor Churches commit to praying for the event. Planning Team members will communicate prayer needs as they arise.
Anchor Churches commit to providing resources and volunteers who will follow-up with guests, who request / need an ongoing service or prayer.
Anchor Churches commit to providing part of the cost of the Healthcare Event, collectively raising approx. $8,000-$10,000. Much of the cost provides dental and medical care, as well as lunch for guests and volunteers. Understanding that churches have different resources and budgets, we encourage Team Leaders to explore creative ways for each church to give. Examples include general donations from the church budget or ministry team budget, promoting a guest sponsorship model ($64/per guest), or covering specific items such as food or printing costs.
Compassion Washington Statement of Beliefs for Anchor Church Partnership
Compassion Washington envisions communities where people are transformed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, living healthy lives free from the risk of exploitation.
Our Mission is to unite with local communities to share the compassion of Christ by partnering with other volunteers to providing free healthcare events and fighting human trafficking.
In order to fulfill our vision and mission we are committed to honoring God through the following doctrinal values:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in the spiritual unity and equality of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Lordship of Christ requires us as disciples to seek to conform our actions, thoughts, and desires in obedience to Him.
- We believe God creates each person with an immutable biological sex either male or female that reflects the image and likeness of God.
- We believe God designed marriage as a unique conjugal relationship joining one man and one woman in a single, exclusive, life-long union, and God intends sexual intimacy only to occur within that relationship.
- We believe God endows all human life with inherent dignity, and the sanctity of life must be respected and protected from conception to natural death.
- We believe that God has endowed all humans with the natural, and inalienable right of religious freedom to believe, pursue truth, and live within ordered liberty
- We believe that God, through His Son, Jesus Christ, calls all of us to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Him
This basic statement reflects our understanding of Compassion Washington’s views on topics that are central to our shared biblical worldview and Christian faith.