Compassion Washington envisions communities where people are transformed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, living healthy lives free from the risk of exploitation.
Our Mission is to unite with local communities to share the compassion of Christ by partnering with other volunteers to providing free healthcare events and fighting human trafficking.
In order to fulfill our vision and mission we are committed to honoring God through the following doctrinal values:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, inerrant, and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in the spiritual unity and equality of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Lordship of Christ requires us as disciples to seek to conform our actions, thoughts, and desires in obedience to Him.
- We believe God creates each person with an immutable biological sex either male or female that reflects the image and likeness of God.
- We believe God designed marriage as a unique conjugal relationship joining one man and one woman in a single, exclusive, life-long union, and God intends sexual intimacy only to occur within that relationship.
- We believe God endows all human life with inherent dignity, and the sanctity of life must be respected and protected from conception to natural death.
- We believe that God has endowed all humans with the natural, and inalienable right of religious freedom to believe, pursue truth, and live within ordered liberty
- We believe that God, through His Son, Jesus Christ, calls all of us to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow Him
This basic statement reflects our understanding of Compassion Washington’s views on topics that are central to our shared biblical worldview and Christian faith.